Prishtina, 25 September 2020
The Government of the Republic of Kosovo, at the request of Prime Minister Avdullah Hoti, in accordance with the Regulation of Rules and Procedure of the Government, has held the corresponding meeting (electronic meeting), the 32nd in a row, in which it has approved two decisions.
After reviewing it, the Government of the Republic of Kosovo has approved the request of the Ministry of Health, to take measures to prevent and combat the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, whereby:
1. All foreign citizens entering the Republic of Kosovo (RKS), coming from high risk countries, according to the official ECDC list (which is updated every two weeks), must prove, through the RT-PCR test in Sars COV-2, that they are not infected with COVID-19, based on the principle of reciprocity, with the following exceptions:
1.1. Upon entry through “Adem Jashari” International Airport do not need to have a negative certificate of the RT-PCR test, given that foreign citizens will only pass through the territory of RKS, and provided that at the entrance they will sign a statement that within 3 hours they will leave the territory of RKS.
1.2. Upon entry at the land border crossing points, in order to exit through the air points, from the International Airport “Adem Jashari” and the land points do not need to have a negative certificate of the RT-PCR test, but, foreign citizens are obliged to present the plane ticket and sign a statement that within 3 hours they will leave the territory of RKS.
1.3. Professional transporters (drivers) do not need to have a negative PCR test, provided that the protocol for international transport is followed.
1.4. For organized transport by bus or regular international transit line, no negative RT-PCR test is required, provided that a statement is signed that they will leave the territory of RKS within 5 hours.
1.5. Foreign citizens who have a temporary or permanent residence permit in the RKS, upon entering the RKS must submit a certificate for negative RT-PCR test, made no later than 72 hours before entering the RKS.
1.5.1. In case of failure to submit the proof for negative test, foreign citizens are obliged to self-isolate for 7 days.
1.6. Foreign diplomats who are accredited in RKS as well as their families are not required to have a certificate for negative RT-PCR test.
1.7. Foreign citizens who have set appointments for treatment in health institutions in the RKS can enter if they submit a certificate for a negative TR-PCR test, made no later than 72 hours before entering the RKS, and the certificate for the appointment set issued by the hospital.
1.8. Holders of personal documents issued by RKS but with residence addresses in another state, upon entry into RKS, must submit a certificate for negative RT-PCR test, made no later than 72 hours before entry into RKS.
2. Health institutions are obliged to restore health services in accordance with protection measures against COVID-19.
3. All public and private institutions in the Republic of Kosovo are obliged to manage the presence of staff at work in accordance with the Manual for protection against the spread of COVID-19. Temperature measurement is mandatory for everyone when entering facilities.
4. All entities that provide gastronomy services (restaurants, cafes and the like), based on the assessment given by the municipal authorities and provided that they meet the working conditions by respecting the protection measures against COVID-19:
4.1. Are prohibited from operating from 23:30 to 05:00 in the entire territory of the Republic of Kosovo.
4.2. Music shall be stopped from 21:00 in entities that provide gastronomy services (restaurants, cafes and the like).
4.3. Within this time, they can work by respecting the distance of 2 meters between the tables as well as holding hand sanitizers at any table, which can be used by customers.
5. Temperature measurement is mandatory for everyone when entering public and private buildings.
6. Gathering of citizens in numbers of more than 5 people in public squares, parks, etc. is prohibited, except for the cases permitted by this decision.
7. All public gatherings, including family parties, are prohibited, except for the cases permitted by this decision.
8. The activity of public markets of vehicles and animals is prohibited in the entire territory of the Republic of Kosovo.
9. Slaughter of animals is allowed in the premises authorized for the slaughter of animals.
10. Citizens of the Republic of Kosovo are allowed to participate in religious ceremonies and activities, in religious facilities and outside them in accordance with the Manual for protection against the spread of COVID19. Temperature measurement is mandatory for everyone when entering facilities.
11. All public and private institutions are obliged to keep disinfectants for hands and face masks in accessible places at the entrance of the facility, which can be used by employees of institutions and visitors.
12. All public and private institutions are obliged to place rules with visible signs at each entrance of the facility (including the prohibition of entry without masks, the obligation to respect the distance, etc.) in accordance with the Manual for protection against the spread of COVID19.
13. Cultural activities of subordinate institutions of MCYS and municipalities, Theatres, Libraries, Philharmonic, Galleries, Ensembles, Ballet, Cinemas, Youth Centres, Museums, Cultural Centres, are partially allowed, in groups, using only 40% of the space/areas of the respective facilities. Percentage of the use of space will be valid for all activities, both in performances and in exercises, always based on the Manual for protection against the spread of COVID19; Temperature measurement is mandatory for everyone when entering facilities.
14. Indoor and outdoor sports activities are allowed; trainings and competitions can be organized in individual sports; indoors, up to 30 people can participate in the trainings, while up to 50 people can participate in the organization of competitions, always based on the Manual for protection against the spread of COVID19. Temperature measurement is mandatory during entrances to indoor sports facilities as well as outdoor sports facilities.
15. Gyms and indoor pools for individual recreational activities are allowed, in accordance with the Manual for protection against the spread of COVID19. Temperature measurement is mandatory for everyone when entering facilities.
16. All entities that provide public transport (buses, vans, taxis), shall work by halving their capacity in terms of the number of passengers they carry, to allow the space needed for each passenger.
17. All municipalities are required to fully reactivate their local headquarters.
18. In order to exercise the activity of public and private kindergartens in the entire territory of the Republic of Kosovo, the assessment and supervision by the municipal authorities is required, in accordance with the Manual for protection from the spread of COVID19. Temperature measurement is mandatory for everyone when entering facilities.
19. The Minister of Health is obliged to immediately take a decision on general measures for protection against the COVID-19 pandemic (including the use of masks) in accordance with Law No. 07/L-006 on Preventing and Combating the COVID-19 Pandemic.
20. Decision No. 01/17 of 28 July shall be abolished.
Also, in this meeting was approved the proposal of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for allocation of additional funds in the amount of €3,989,423 (three million nine hundred eighty-nine thousand four hundred twenty-three euros), for the increased commitment and overtime field work of police officers who were active in the field and directly exposed to the COVID-19 pandemic:
1. For the payment of additional working hours, for the unpaid difference of working hours above the allowed rate (40 working hours) created after 15 March 2020 until 31 August 2020, in the total amount of €4,792,046 (four million seven hundred ninety-two thousand forty-six €), as follows:
1.1. 50% of these funds (EUR 2,396,023) will be paid with the salary of September 2020, while
1.2. The remaining part in the following months, depending on the availability of funds available in the category of wages and allowances.
1.3. For the payment of the allowance over the basic salary, in the amount of EUR 100 per month, for July, August and September 2020, in the total amount of EUR 1,593,400 (one million five hundred ninety-three thousand four hundred €).
Payment of additional working hours and of the allowance over the basic salary is made based on the lists attached to this decision, approved by the Minister and the Secretary-General of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which confirm the compliance of the lists prepared and approved by the Director-General of Kosovo Police.