Prishtina, 5 July 2020
The Government of the Republic of Kosovo has held its tenth meeting (electronic meeting), at the request of Prime Minister Avdullah Hoti and in accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Government.
On the proposal of the Ministry of Health, the Government of the Republic of Kosovo has approved the decision on measures to combat COVID-19 pandemic, whereby the Ministry of Health and competent health institutions are obliged to increase their capacities with appropriate beds and medical equipment to treat cases of persons infected with COVID-19, including:
• Reorganization of clinics within HUCSK, creating additional beds and spaces;
• Creation of additional capacities in terms of beds and spaces in regional hospitals;
• Creation of additional capacities in terms of beds and hospital spaces in private health institutions in accordance with applicable laws.
In view of this, the Ministry of Health and the competent health institutions are obliged to increase the capacities in terms of health personnel necessary for the treatment of cases of persons infected with COVID-19, including:
• Reorganization of health personnel in the service of cases of persons infected with COVID-19;
• Mobilization of health staff at the country level, including, as needed, the mobilization of health professionals who are not currently engaged;
• In particular, increase the capacities in the service of microbiology, infectious diseases and other services directly related to COVID-19 cases.
The Ministry of Health and the competent health institutions are obliged to take the necessary and immediate actions to carry out virological tests, including:
• Full utilization of existing testing capacities;
• Creation of new testing capacities in regions;
• Licensing of private health institutions to carry out tests for COVID-19, in accordance with applicable laws;
• Prioritization of testing the most needy persons.
The Ministry of Health and the competent health institutions are obliged to allocate the necessary budget for the purchase of:
• up to 100,000 virological tests;
• up to 500,000 vaccines for seasonal influenza;
• to make the necessary orders for the eventual vaccine against COVID-19, in accordance with the European Commission and WHO protocols;
• 7 testing devices,
• specific therapies for the treatment of persons infected with COVID-19 in accordance with the European Commission and WHO protocols;
• Allocation of the budget for the engagement of additional health personnel, as needed;
• Protective equipment for health personnel, as needed;
• Additional payment for additional engagement of health personnel.
From 6 July 2020, starting from 21:00h to 05:00h, any movement of natural persons outside their homes/apartments in the municipalities of Prishtina, Ferizaj, Prizren and Vushtrri is prohibited, except:
• In cases of health emergencies;
• In case of the need to take care of the sick or people with special needs, only if the sick or people with special needs are unable to take care of themselves;
• In case of seeking assistance from relevant institutions, as is the case with victims of domestic violence;
• In case a family member dies;
• In case there is a need to leave the house/apartment for physiological needs of the animals, but not more than 500 meters away from the apartment/house (it is not allowed to use these cases to perform any other work or for purposes other than that specified).
Public and private institutions in the Republic of Kosovo are obliged to reduce the number of employees to essential staff (the respective institutions will clarify, with special circulars, what is considered essential staff for them).
Public and private health institutions are recommended to reduce non-essential health services.
All municipalities are required to fully reactivate their local headquarters.
From 6 July 2020, all entities that offer gastronomy services (restaurants, cafes, nightclubs and the like):
Are prohibited to operate from 21:00h to 05:00h throughout the territory of the Republic of Kosovo;
Outside these hours they are allowed to operate only in open spaces, observing the distance of 1.5 meters of space between the tables, as well as take-away services.
All entities providing public transport (buses, vans, taxis) should work with half of their capacity in terms of the number of passengers they transport, in order to ensure the space needed for each passenger.
The Ministry of Health and the relevant health institutions are obliged to develop adequate media strategy for informing the citizens.
In accordance with the requirements of the Sanitary Inspectorate, all other inspectorates make available their capacities to supervise the implementation of measures in accordance with applicable legislation.
The Ministry of Health is obliged to prepare the “Action Plan for the implementation of COVID-19 testing procedures” and forward it to the Government for approval within one week.
The Ministry of Health prepares and submits to the Government on a weekly basis the report on the implementation of this decision.
Relevant institutions of the Republic of Kosovo are obliged to take the necessary actions to implement this Decision.
The decision enters into force on the day of its signing and the same is valid until another decision is taken. With the entry into force of this decision, any previous provision that is inconsistent with the provisions of this decision is repealed.
At this meeting, the Government also approved the request of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Development to allocate funds in the amount of EUR 1,867,107 (one million eight hundred and sixty seven thousand one hundred and seven euros) to compensate for damages caused in agricultural households as a result of natural disasters occurred during the period January-June 2020 in the municipalities of: Istog, Peja, Obiliq, Viti, Kaqanik, Mitrovica, Prishtina, Drenas, Skenderaj, Prizren, Fushë Kosova, Shtime, Podujeva, Mamusha, Leposaviq and Gjilan.
After its review, the decision for supplementing and amending the Government Decision No. 02/08 dated 23 June 2020 on the resumption of flights at Prishtina International Airport “Adem Jashari” was approved. With the approved supplements and amendments, the flights in PIA “Adem Jashari” will be organized at intervals of at least 45 minutes between landings. Management of schedules should be done while respecting the application of Regulation No. 2008/6 on Common Rules for the Allocation of Slots at Airports Located in Kosovo and IATA Rules (Worldwide Slot Guidelines, 10th Edition), ad-hoc taxi aircrafts are not subject to this rule. The decision enters into force on 9 July 2020.