The Government of the Republic of Kosovo at the request of the Prime Minister, Albin Kurti, has held its corresponding meeting, fifteenth in row, in which it has adopted additional measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus and several other decisions of areas of its constitutional and legal responsibility.
At the request of the Ministry of Health, the Government of the Republic of Kosovo has approved the decision to undertake measures to prevent and control the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The decision provides for the following measures:
1. The movement of citizens and private vehicles is prohibited from March 24, 2020, between 10:00 and 16:00 and from 20:00 to 06:00, except for medical needs, production, supply and sale of essential goods (food and medicine for people and animals / poultry), and for services and activities related to pandemic management (essential government and municipal management and personnel from the following sectors: health, security and public administration);
2. Free movement is provided for economic operators classified as the most important under the NACE codes that the Ministry of Economy, Labor, Trade, Industry, Entrepreneurship and Strategic Investment allows to operate in this emergency period related to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as free transport of goods / services to ensure the functioning of the supply chain;
3. Movements on the road are made by no more than two persons together and always keeping a distance of two meters with the others;
4. Gatherings are prohibited in all areas – private and public, open and closed – except when necessary to perform pandemic work on prevention and fighting tasks, and where two meters distance is permitted. In case of death, the funeral can participate only close family members of the deceased and those who perform funeral service;
5. The institutions of the Government of the Republic of Kosovo are obliged to take the necessary actions for the implementation of this decision.
The meeting also endorsed a decision requiring the Privatization Agency of Kosovo to suspend for indefinite time all actions related to the immovable property under its administration. The reasoning behind this decision states that the Government Program 2020-2023 foresees policies that could change the current status of the Privatization Agency of Kosovo and change the long-term management of public and socially owned property.
The Government of Kosovo has approved the decision to annul the Government’s decisions establishing the Malishevë Economic Zone and the decisions to expropriate immovable property affected by the establishment of this zone in the cadastral zones of Banjësa, Bellanica and Senik of Malisheva. The reasoning of the decision states that these decisions are contrary to the Law.
At today’s meeting, a Concept Paper on Judicial Reform in Commercial Justice was reviewed and adopted. The concept paper has analyzed and identified the so far approach of the business community, and the length of time it has been dealing with administrative cases related to economic issues, resulting from a lack of current capacity. After analyzing the Functional Rule of Law Sector Review Process and identifying problems in the implementation of current laws, the Concept Paper has recommended amending the legal framework through the drafting of the new Law on Commercial Courts.
The Cabinet has reviewed and approved the Concept Paper on Kosovo Central Criminal Records, which concludes that Kosovo is one of the few countries that has left the competencies of the criminal administration records to the jurisdiction of the judicial administration. The Concept Paper recommends that the Law on the Central Criminal Records System of Kosovo should be drafted which would designate the Ministry of Justice as the body competent to administer this system..
In addition, the Government has approved the Annual Financial Report for 2019. The report indicates that total revenues for 2019 amounted to 2 billion 222 million and 920 thousand euros, while payments amounted to 2 billion 152 million and 546 thousand euros.